Protection of the privacy of users and their information:
VSA / Ballad takes the protection of Personal Information very seriously and for this reason we take all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information and to keep it confidential. Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address, as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000 and in the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”), Act 4 of 2013.
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirements of POPIA which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us. Whenever you use this website, complete a form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services or facilities offered by us, we collect personal information about you. We collect personal information only so that we may:
1. respond to any enquiry received from you;
2. inform you of new services and products;
3. enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services and products;
4. for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
5. generally to improve your experience on our website.
This information will only be used by VSA / Ballad for the purposes for which it was provided. We will only share your personal information:
1. in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
2. in order to protect and defend the rights or property of the company; and
3. with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
The information will be stored in databases or other electronic storage media with relevant security and backup procedures in place. We will:
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
4. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
5. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of information submitted via this Website, its primary purpose is the communication of information to the user and a simple HTTP connection is used. Therefore, transmission of the information supplied by the User cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and interception by third parties remains a possibility. The User is responsible for the information they chose to submit via the Website and should take appropriate care when providing such information.
You have the right at any time to:
1. rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
2. object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
3. request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
4. lodge a complaint with the company
5. unsubscribe to our newsletter.